Sunday, October 17, 2010

Patience

Nomming the water bottle :)
Anyone who knows me knows that patience is NOT my virtue. Until today, I never realized how little patience I have with myself sometimes.  Each day, I feel that I have to do a certain amount of work to feel like I'm worth something. If my schedule of plans doesn't work out, it can be really frustrating. In the words of Pres. Packer, "Not so!" It's by the small and simple things that great things are brought to pass. I can't do everything, but I can do enough for my home and family. All of these small things will eventually bring to pass greatness. The hardest part is just waiting to understand that big picture and not just see the small, seemingly unimportant details of everyday life.

Each load of laundry matters. Each diaper matters. All those moments that I try to make a successful home matter. It might not be a perfect home, but it will be enough. That in itself is all that really matters.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! And I LOVE the picture! He looks very adventurous.

    ReplyDelete