Friday, October 22, 2010

Busy

Bananas all over that chubby face :)
Okay, just a little. Let's just imagine that you have one child and all of a sudden have four (though this gig is only for 2 weeks!). Maybe it's just that Fridays are usually a little more relaxing for me. I've come to realize why my mom loved it when we were all in school and almost dreaded summer vacation. It's easy to keep track of my own schedule. When I was single, I did what I wanted. Then, I got married and added in James's schedule. No biggie there either, because he can at least drive! This week has flown by in a blur of play practices, driver's ed, homework, mutual, breakfast, lunch, dinner, brushing teeth, making sure the kids get some sleep, diaper changes, trying to squeeze in dates, family prayer, scriptures, and keeping the peace as the baby cries in the background 'cuz he's hungry again or somebody is unhappy with somebody else for some silly reason. When James is home, he has lots of homework. On school days, he's not home till 7.

I will definitely live. There are a couple things I'm going to do...

Thank my own mother. She did (and does) more than a human is possibly capable of doing without going insane.

Thank James's mother for also not going insane.

Only have 2 kids...20 years apart.

Okay, I was just kidding on the last one. I'm just so tired! Thank goodness that tomorrow is Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Being a mom is exhausting! I've done 10-day babysitting stints for my parents twice (once during my off-semester after my first semester of college, once right after I got married). The first time I was watching a 14 year old, an 11 year old, and 3 6 year olds. The second time they were respectively 16, 13, and 8. Both times were SO fun... but wore me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember helping grandma Schillemat babysit your family when you lived in Florida. For some reason, I don't know if you were there. I vouch for your mother, it was exhausting ;) But I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cindy: I've babysat for my parents as well. They left to go to Utah for 5 days and I had all the kids! I couldn't even drive yet! Toughest 5 days of my life. I remember eating all the ice cream once they went to bed.

    @Kirstin: I don't remember that! Maybe I wasn't there, but I don't know where I would've been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely easier to keep track of kids who can keep track of themselves. :) I'm glad to hear you won't wait another 19 years before the next kid.

    ReplyDelete