Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cooking :)

Since I've been married, I've developed a greater appreciation and love for cooking things from scratch. I will never ever go back to buying certain convenience foods, and here's why.

1. It's healthier. I have no doubts of what's going into my food, and it's not preserved with a bunch of weird, long-named chemicals.

2. It's fulfilling. It's so satisfying to pull a loaf of fresh bread out of the oven--much better than sticking something in the microwave that came out of a box. I can truly take credit for my creations.

3. It's fun. There are certain foods that James and I enjoy making together (or I make while he reads to me.) Plus, it's so fun to knead bread or just be creative with things I have on hand. There are so many possibilities!

4. It cheap. Need I say more about that?

5. It tastes better. I have tasted some things from cans/boxes that I used to think are good, but I love my own version so much more now. Homemade bread products are THE BEST! especially fresh from the oven!

6. It saves space. A shopping cart and freezer fill up very quickly when they're stuffed with boxes and cans. That's not the case with fresher ingredients. Plus, I love seeing all that fresh stuff and thinking about what to do with it. Boxes just don't inspire the imagination in the same way.

What can I say? Cooking is definitely my passion. If you didn't know about my recipes blog, here it is. http://sachasrecipes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment