Friday, February 11, 2011

Why I (Still) Love Joseph

It's another one of those journal jar questions. I don't have much to say about this week, I guess!

Joseph is amazing little boy. From the moment I first saw him, I loved his bright little eyes. (I would say smile, but he didn't have one yet.) Now, I love his sweet smile and all the cute little things he does.

I love how he cries, "Mamama" when he's hungry and how he giggles when I tickle him.

I love how he entertains himself in the morning so I can be as slow as I want getting out of bed. He talks to himself, gurgles, coos, and I can never tell that he's probably really hungry. I wish I could be more of a morning person like he is.

I love seeing him grow up. He looks like a big boy in his high chair, and his fierce independence has him eating things he can't even chew. I love the impatient little growl he has when he sees us eating something that we're not sharing.

I love his idea of a kiss: placing his open mouth over my nose and slobbering me to death.

practically surrounded by toys, but he chooses this
I love seeing him learn about books and getting excited to read stories. He nestles his head on my shoulder and is the little baby once again. Then, that head pops up and he's looking around the room to see what's going on.

I love all the "help" he gives me when I'm practicing the keyboard. I remember banging on the keys when I was a child.

I love his chubby legs.

I love the fact that he thinks the bulb syringe is a toy. Ew.


I love that he can go to sleep on his own after only 3 days of training (which weren't that bad either.)

There are lots of little things I'm probably leaving out, but it suffices me to say that I LOVE THAT KID!

2 comments:

  1. Sacha, you really do have a beautiful little boy! I'm so glad you brought him to my homecoming so I could meet him! Hope to see you again soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so dang adorable! And I am cracking up about chewing on the bulb syringe... it never fails, kids are ALWAYS more interested in not-toys than in actual toys!

    ReplyDelete