Monday, February 21, 2011

Long Weekend

Sometimes long weekends just seem...long. They remind me that I never take a vacation from my job. However, this long weekend was MUCH better than the last, since everyone was sick last time.

Saturday we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Head in Victor. James made me try out cross country skiing. I will admit that it was pretty fun, easier than I thought, and not nearly as embarrassing as going ice skating and falling down in front of a bunch of people. To quote a song, "Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes a problem." Yup. Luckily, I never had my skis crossed, because that would've been really difficult!

Grandma Head, as always, cooked the most delicious food. She is such an awesome cook, so I got her whole-wheat bread recipe. So excited! It's the softest, most awesome wheat bread I've ever had. I can't wait to make it. I just need to get the ingredients when I go shopping next.

We had a great Sunday, as always. James let me sleep in today by getting up with Joseph. When I get the chance to sleep in, I usually end up sleeping 9-10 hours. It feels awesome. Joseph is still getting up twice a night, but at least he's going to sleep on his own without much fuss. He has a predictable schedule during the day too, since I can put him down for a nap without waiting for him to fall asleep! It's so awesome! I'm pretty sure he's gaining weight from all this solid food he's been eating, but he chows down on whatever we give him.

We went outside and built a snowman. Is is bad that I've never built one before? Yes, I know I've lived in a winter wonderland for 4 1/2 years now...I had no idea how heavy a ball of snow can be! That probably sounds silly, but seriously, I had no idea. Shows how much I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment