Friday, February 4, 2011

I'd be Lying if...

Mr. Independent in his sweet new chair
...I said that this was an easy week. It wasn't for a couple of reasons.

James was gone even more than the past few weeks. When he was here, he was working on homework. It seems that we spent about 2 hours a day in each other's presence. That's not enough!

Joseph has been resisting going to bed at night. I have no idea why, but that's kind of a pain. He used to go to bed at 8, wake up once, and get up at 7. Now, I have to let him cry at 10, pick him up, and let him nurse to sleep (since the paci doesn't work anymore.) Argh! I hate being a human pacifier! I know he will grow out of it. He will have to once he turns one, because I want my body back for at least a few months. Is that too much to ask? I hope not! Both nursing and pregnancy are such a huge strain on the body's resources, and I've been one or the other for almost a year and a half now.

I'm swamped in Spanish grammar right now. James has an old book that I've been studying out of. I can't believe how much I've forgotten since I took a Spanish class, but it's coming back. I decided to go online to get a different overview of all the verb tenses. Nobody seems to have organized them the same way, and nobody agrees on how many there actually are. Oh well. I think I will make my own organization.

I started making a cute newborn cocoon. It's the first time I've ever knitted "in the round", so I hope it turns out all right!

Piano is coming back to me as well. The more I practice, the easier it gets. I still need to work a lot on my technique, but I'm so excited to be learning some new songs that aren't Church songs. I never had a chance to play a minuet before, for example. (Church songs are awesome, but the style is different and easier than a lot of classic music.)

I'm excited to get out of the house today and go on a date. It's been a long, cold week, and I'm ready for a change of scenery!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    A couple of sites that I think have good discussion of Spanish grammar are:

    studyspanish.com
    donquijote.com (free registration)
    elearnspanishlanguage.com

    Hope that helps! I have my own website: http://www.spanishhelpnow.com, but I don't have any kind of organization of grammar lessons. And it's new, too, so not good for doing a comprehensive review.

    BTW - I only have one child, and nursed him. I don't know how mothers can do the pregnancy and nursing at the same time. My hat's off to you. :-)

    Take care,
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the websites!

    I've never done nursing and pregnancy at the same time. That would be SO tough. But things are looking up and I'm eating lots of little snacks to keep my energy level up. It's helped me immensely.

    ~Sacha

    ReplyDelete